Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sidebar Story


OK so, I know my focus is on discipline this week but I have to share this story that happened just last night!

I’m watching little E while her parents are in Europe. My husband and I have been staying at her house and trying to take her out on fun outings every evening. Last night we did pizza and one of our favorite spots in Asheville and then ice cream at The Hop Ice Cream. It was a wonderful night filled with so much laughter, including sharing a drink with E via two straws, and ice cream on my nose! Yea that was awesome.

Anyway through out the entire night E could not stop talking about her “sister.” Telling us her sister was in Paris, and that her sister was so happy. All evening I was thinking she was actually talking about her mom until she said something that made me think she really thought she had a sister (E is an only child). As we were pulling into her house I thought I would test this theory of mine.

“E” I said, “What is your sister’s name?”

Without even thinking about it she replied “Gloria Estefanan”

I broke down laughing, I couldn’t help it.

My husband said, “Do you mean Gloria Estefan?”

She said “Nope! My sister’s name is Gloria Estefanana!”

And thus the birth of E’s fist imaginary “friend”.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE her so much! It was adorable when she was talking about her sister, but to hear the name Gloria Estefanan makes it even cuter!! Great Story P.

    ReplyDelete